As part of ARQBÓREA’s commitment to accessibility and a diverse society, the building aims to achieve the top accessibility rating. The project has already obtained 5-star AIS (Accessibility Indicator System).
Created by the Fundación para la Accesibilidad y la RS, this certification takes into account physical, sensory and cognitive functional diversity criteria, so that any person, regardless of their condition, can move about the building comfortably and safely.
Accessibility has been built into the decoration and design of ARQBÓREA from its inception. For this reason, it achieves a high level of usability while maintaining criteria of modernity, elegant and the avant garde, thus demonstrating that incorporating accessibility is compatible with functionality.
In order to be awarded this certification the building encompasses physical, cognitive and sensory measures such as:
”Accessibility has been built into the design of ARQBÓREA from its inception.
- Adapted and easy access for users who arrive by foot, car or taxi.
- Accessible pedestrian routes in exterior.
- Routing systems to help persons with visual and cognitive impairment to guide themselves independently, as well as signage of slopes.
- Accessible help point with systems to facilitate communication and information.
- Full interior mobility.
- Accessible large-sized elevators with visual, hearing and touch information.
- Accessible car park spaces, in terms of dimensions, features, location and signage.
- Accessible toilets on all floors and cores.
- Signage with recognizable pictograms and chromatic contrast, high-relief touch detection and/or braille.
- Assisted evacuation by designating protected areas on all floors and cores.
- Definition of management and awareness protocols for staff to improve experiences for all users.